The State Archives of North Carolina is closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Dorian and the potential impacts it could have on North Carolina. We are encouraging all agencies to start preparation actions to help protect your records.
- Stabilize your records storage areas
- Ensure that records are a minimum of 3-6 inches off the floor.
- Ensure records are in record boxes and clearly labeled
- Remove records for bottom drawers of filing cabinets
- Consider relocating records to more secure areas in your building. Move records out of areas prone to flooding such basement and attic areas and away from windows and exterior doors.
- Cover records with plastic sheeting for additional water protection.
- Compile some recovery supplies, including plastic sheeting to cover records and additional record boxes.
- Locate the retention and disposition schedule for the records in your office. Retention schedules are available on our website
- Compile an inventory of records and…
View original post 134 more words