NBC News: 15 adults have been hospitalized after drinking methanol-contaminated hand sanitizer. Four died.

NBC News: 15 adults have been hospitalized after drinking methanol-contaminated hand sanitizer. Four died.. “The CDC report included 15 cases of methanol poisoning in New Mexico and Arizona that occurred in May and June. The average age was 43, and 13 of the cases were in men. Several of the cases were among American Indians/Alaska Natives, though the report does not detail the exact number. All 15 individuals were hospitalized, and four people died. Another three developed vision problems, a known side effect of methanol poisoning.”