Find Local News With Nothing But A Street Address: StreetScoop Local News Search
Today’s Gizmo combines the authority of the FCC TV license database with local news search. And when I say local, I mean, like, a street.
Here’s how StreetScoop Local News Search works:
– Enter an address in the United States
– The address converts to latitude/longitude
– A dataset is consulted to find the nearest large city to that address
– That city name is searched in the FCC’s TV permit database and the domain names of local TV stations are aggregated into a query string
– The query string along with the street name are bundled into a Google search which opens in a new window.
Local news search! Authoritative sources!