IFRC Climate Centre: IFRC joins forces with social media giant TikTok to recruit climate volunteers. “The [International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies] last month joined forces with TikTok, regarded as the world’s leading social-media platform for short-form video, to engage a new generation of humanitarians to help end the climate crisis.”
NIU Today: NIU Libraries receives $610,000 grant for Southeast Asia Digital Library. “[Northern Illinois University] Libraries has been awarded a four-year grant of $610,000 by the Henry Luce Foundation to enhance the Southeast Asia Digital Library (SEADL), a collaborative project of the Association of Asian Studies’ Committee on Research Materials on Southeast Asia (CORMOSEA), an association of Southeast Asia librarians and member institutions across the United States…. Most of the funding will be used to hire a web developer while the rest of the money will go toward digitization projects for Southeast Asia materials, including palm-leaf manuscripts from the National Library of Cambodia, documentary videos of the Cham people in Vietnam and storage cost.”
The State Archives of North Carolina is closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Dorian and the potential impacts it could have on North Carolina. We are encouraging all agencies to start preparation actions to help protect your records.
- Stabilize your records storage areas
- Ensure that records are a minimum of 3-6 inches off the floor.
- Ensure records are in record boxes and clearly labeled
- Remove records for bottom drawers of filing cabinets
- Consider relocating records to more secure areas in your building. Move records out of areas prone to flooding such basement and attic areas and away from windows and exterior doors.
- Cover records with plastic sheeting for additional water protection.
- Compile some recovery supplies, including plastic sheeting to cover records and additional record boxes.
- Locate the retention and disposition schedule for the records in your office. Retention schedules are available on our website
- Compile an inventory of records and…
View original post 134 more words
NBC: Russia-linked Twitter accounts promoted ‘doxxing’ over racial tension videos. “Darren Linvill, an associate professor of communications, and Patrick Warren, an associate professor of economics, both at Clemson, identified more than 300 tweets from almost 30 suspicious Twitter accounts that appeared to look for and promote videos of racially tense incidents.”
ZDNet: Hackers breach 62 US colleges by exploiting ERP vulnerability. “Hackers have breached the systems of 62 colleges and universities by exploiting a vulnerability in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) web app, the US Department of Education said in a security alert sent out this week.”
European Union Observatory for Nanomaterials: Search for over 300 nanomaterials on the EU market. “It is now possible to search for over 300 nanomaterials found in the EU and link them to hazard data. The search uses REACH registrations, the cosmetic ingredients notification portal and the French and Belgian national inventories to make up the most comprehensive search for nanomaterials in the EU.”
The Mets Police: Mets announce MetsHeritage. com: a completely free digital archive of historical material. “The Virtual Vault is first of its kind in all of sports and fans will be able to view rare photographs and tickets, game-used gear and even galleries focused on 1969 Mets legends Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, Gil Hodges, Cleon Jones, and more. Fans can also share any item from the Vault on social media or directly with friends, family and other fans.”